nALFS and AMD64

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 02:56:29 PST 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get nALFS working on AMD64? I'm trying
> to installing on Ubuntu and it seems to fall over due to an
> nCurses problem. Following is the output I get here.

Downloaded nALFS-1.2.4, and it builds fine on a pure 64 bit system.
(No /lib or /usr/lib, and no 32 bit stuff)

Did  ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64

A slightly messed up Makefile; changed
XML2_LIB = -lxml2 -lz -lpthread -lm/libxml2.la to
XML2_LIB = -lxml2 -lz -lpthread -lm
But think this is a known fault.

I am still unsure if "bi-arch" is a good think.  Been running 64
bit for a while, and can manage without qmail and flash.

Chris