ALFS Direction

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 14 20:00:03 PST 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

>We need to document all these diversions from the book and if
>there are only a few then we can obviously get around them which some
>magic ;)

Agreed. Let's get those listed. We need to finalize on the feature set
of the new tool, so we can then

>>choose a language to use based on what fits our needs.  Once that is
>>done, we can begin organizing a development team.  So consider this the
>>re-opening/finalizing of the discussion of our future build tool.
>>
>>Anyone feel that there any other outstanding issues that ALFS needs to
>>concentrate on at this time?
>>

>We pretty much covered all the bases before so hopefully that stage is
>near to completion.

One thing that Kevin mentioned, which I forgot to bring up again, is
that it's important for the direction of this new tool that we have
clearly in mind what the LFS community as a whole wants out of it.  If
it's felt that this is already understood, fine, let's get moving on
development. If not, or if the new features proposed spark new interest
in what ALFS should be able to accomplish, now's the time to speak up.

--
Jeremy Huntwork