HG Help - Profile Editors

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 07:26:55 PST 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote on 12 November 2004 14:33
> I'll set aside an hour or two now to go through the documentation and I'll
> post somemore thoughts soon.

Ok, you asked for it ;)

After initial reading,

Organization
------------

'Documentataion' should be Documentation.

Prerequisites

'There not that many common prerequisites for all of the consituent nALFS
components. It would be best to see the other sections for details on
specific
prerequisites.'

I would change it to

'There not that many common prerequisites between the nALFS components. It
would be best to see their individual sections for details on specific
prerequisites.'

Contact Info
ALFS
especially if nALFS2 development is to go ahead. I know it wouldn't be
frequented
by many people but it would be nice to be able to chat about ALFS with the
rest of
the editors without wading through LFS support issues on other channels.
This could
then be added to this section.

SVN Page
--------

'Bleading' should be Bleeding.
'udpate' should be update.
'priviledged' should be privileged.

Bugzilla
--------

'todo' should be to do.
'add-ons' should be add-on's.

Chapter 3
---------

'This chapter contains all the information you need to write code for the
nALFS'

should be

This chapter contains all the information you need to write code for the
nALFS implementation of ALFS.

Coding Prerequisites
--------------------

Need to add

libxml2

Code from SVN
-------------

'behavior' should be behaviour.
'those that should be present only in the CVS repository' should say SVN.

Chapter 4. Common Elements for all nALFS Documentation Editors

'forward' should be foreword.
'docuement' should be document.
'changelog' should be change log.
'charastistics' should be characteristic.
'seperate' should be separate. (two occurrences).

Chapter 5. Common Elements for all nALFS Profile Editors

I'm struggling to think of what to put here but pointers to the xml spec at
http://www.w3.org/XML/ and other relevant links could be put up here. I'll
have a think about this one.

Other that that I really like the document. It has a wealth of information
and is a great introduction for would-be hackers. Good work James.

	--	Jamie