OT: [RFC] Call for new team leader

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Wed Nov 10 07:07:54 PST 2004

Thomas Pegg wrote on 10 November 2004 14:57
>> Jamie Bennett wrote:
>> Although I'm now on AMD64 which brings a whole host of different problems
>> with it now.
> Care to elaborate, I have plans for my next system to be AMD64 based and
> run LFS on it of course.

The best port of call seems to be Chris Linguard's efforts that have
mysteriously dissappeared from his website at

	http://www.stockwith.co.uk/amd64 .

A search on lfs-hackers will yield quite a bit of talk on AMD64 lately.
Chris has a Makefile for building AMD64 but the idea is to build an AMD64
toolchain (first binutils then gcc with --target=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) then
use these to build a AMD64 kernel. Reboot with this kernel and make sure
uname -p says x86_64.

After that it goes pretty much by the book but there a little gotya's.

	--	Jamie