[RFC] Call for new team leader

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 10 04:12:37 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 09:53 +0000, Jamie Bennett wrote:
> Jeremy Utley wrote on 10 November 2004 09:51
> > Glad to hear it.  Now, we just need some strong leadership to get the
> > ALFS project back moving forward again!
>
> Agreed.

And I'm glad to see that my little ploy to get this thread moving
worked. ;) (I'm fairly surprised I got as much support as I did :) )

I'm sure many of us have ideas about where we'd like to see ALFS go in
the near future. Jamie, I agree that one area we should definitely
undertake is the automatic rendering of the profiles. True, it may be a
difficult task, but I don't think that should discourage us from looking
seriously at it.  To have the profiles automatically synched would
encourage more to help out regularly with testing builds, IMHO.

I'm also anxious to see nALFS2 start to take form. We have most of that
layed out on the wiki (thanks mostly to Jamie), now we just need to come
to agreement on a few items, and put our hands to the grind, so to
speak.

Anyway, don't think of me as actively campaigning for the role of
project leader. If the community wants me to take it on, I'd certainly
be willing to give it my best.  Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to
what ALFS has the potential to become in the near future. :)

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net