[RFC] Call for new team leader

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Wed Nov 10 01:23:10 PST 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote on 09 November 2004 18:55
> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 19:08 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> For a variety of personal reasons (primarily due to the new business I
>> started a few months ago), I am stepping down as the team leader of the
>> ALFS project.
>
> Well, since I haven't seen any response to this yet, I figured I might
> as well offer myself for the job. :)  I'm willing to get more invovled.

I think a clear idea of where the project is going should be the first
priority of any would-be ALFS leader. Are we going to stay in maintenance
mode and just do bug fixes or is nALFS2 going to materialise? Obviously if
nALFS2 is in the pipe works then we need to attract coders but from our
last initial enthusiasm for nALFS2 showed, when it came to the coding
people went quiet.

IMO another one of ALFS's biggest downfalls is, surprisingly the LFS
community itself. ALFS and more specifically nALFS should, IMO, be the
common tool used by _ALL_ LFS members who are testing LFS builds. It should
go hand in hand with other tools such as svn as a requirement. It would
make comparing builds from various people a whole lot easier if we used the
same tool and the same profile.

Lastly (honest!), I'd like to see auto-generation of the ALFS profiles from
the book ala lfscmd. This could be done with XSLT or some other tool.

I'm willing to get more involved as my work commitments have gone the
opposite way of Kevins and I actually have more time now :)

> --
> Jeremy Huntwork
> http://www.jenacon.net

	--	Jamie