nALFS XInclude problem corrected

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 31 13:44:54 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> James Robertson wrote:
>
>> That sounds like a good plan.  Release something along with the newest
>> stable book.  With the work I have done on the books, we should be
>> able to at least put the syntax doc and the hackers guide into the new
>> tarball.  With the issues the users guide has caused, I would say to
>> keep it out for now and just use the README - or I can put a big
>> note/warning in the users guide to mention it is under development and
>> to refer to the README.
>

> I have no problem with that; in fact, if you want to disable the user's
> guide from being included in the tarballs (even the nightly snapshots)
> until you are ready then you can modify the bootstrap script and just
> comment out the lines that go and get it. I will have to manually do
> that for 1.2.3, but I can remember to do that (I think :-)).

Ok, I picked a warning.  I wanted to go ahead and include it.  Now, on
the main index page right after the dedication, there is a huge fat
warning.  That should do the trick for now.  If you have not done so,
make sure that all three books use the standardized file naming
conventions in your bootstrap file.

James