LFS profile branches update

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 31 13:16:12 PDT 2004

Now that the previously tagged 6.0 testing release in LFS is going to be
skipped in favor of using most of what is in LFS HEAD at the moment,
there is no longer any reason to continue updating the LFS-6_0-branch
profile.

When LFS actually starts the testing process for 6.0, we can recreate
the branch and get it up to date. That leaves with three active profile
branches today:

LFS-5_1-branch : tracks LFS 5.x development, primarily maintained by
Thomas and Jamie

HEAD : tracks LFS HEAD development, primarily maintained by Jeremy

xinclude : tracks LFS HEAD development, but uses XInclude instead of
entities for package profiles, maintained by Thomas

Once we are all comfortable that the XInclude profile works as expected,
it will be merged into HEAD. Once LFS-5.1.1 is released, the
LFS-5_1-branch will become "dead", and only the HEAD profile will need
continued maintenance.