nALFS XInclude problem corrected

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 31 12:56:35 PDT 2004

Thanks to some detective work by Matt, the problem in nALFS that caused
it to segfault when processing the XInclude version of the LFS profile
has been corrected. If you want to update your local copy, use CVS to
checkout the branch-1_2 branch, or get the one-line change from the
alfs-log mailing list.

This warrants an nALFS-1.2.3 release with this bugfix, but I'd rather
wait to do that for two things:

- the nALFS tarball includes an LFS profile, and it would make sense to
wait to create the tarball until LFS-5.1.1 is released and the included
profile can be that version

- the XInclude conversion of the profile is nearly complete, so it may
make sense to wait until that is done as well, and that way nALFS-1.2.3
will ship with the latest and best LFS profile.. although the XInclude
version of the profile is for LFS CVS HEAD, not 5.1.1, so making those
same changes to the 5.1.1 profile may not be worth the effort

If these items can be handled in a reasonably short time (I haven't
actually seen an LFS-5.1.1 announcement yet so I don't know how much
time there is) then it would be great to release a new nALFS tarball at
approximately the same time.