wget script

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 27 17:39:16 PDT 2004

Richard A Downing FBCS wrote:

> Also, having just build LFS-unstable with nALFS (my first real tryout),
> it seems to me since the profile builds nALFS and libxml2, it should
> also build wget, since without it using nALFS is a bit problematic.

I considered that, although I would prefer to build CURL instead since
it's more reliable, but wget is less "heavy".

However, the building of nALFS into $LFS was really intended to be used
in combination with copying all of the relevant sources for your next
profile into $LFS before rebooting. It's not documented that way (since
it's not documented at all yet :-) ), but that's what I was thinking
when I added it to the profiles.

If everyone else agrees that adding wget would be a good thing (that's
really all that missing for a profile to be able to be used on the new
LFS if downloads need to be done), I'll add it as well. It doesn't
change very often, so there won't be a lot of need to keep it up to date
with BLFS.