quickstart fails

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 25 07:33:08 PDT 2004

Richard A Downing FBCS wrote:

> Until the User Manual actually contains something useful (and right)
> wouldn't it be better to exclude it from the tarball?

You are very correct; at the time the decision was made to include the
User's Manual in the tarball it was under active development and
appeared that it was going to be completed. That has not happened,
obviously.

I suppose at this point it might be best to respin the nALFS 1.2.2
tarball and remove the user's guide from it.

> All it is at the moment is an introduction with some incomplete
> Quickstart instructions.  This is VERY misleading to new users.

True, and those instructions don't even contain as much information as
the README file.