quickstart fails

Richard A Downing FBCS richard at 109bean.org.uk
Mon May 24 23:14:45 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> calmar wrote:
>
>> Any hints how to solve this or is there something wrong with anything?
>

> The hint is to read the README files present in the tarball. The
> top-level one would have told you about the .nALFSrc file, and the one
> in the profile directory tells you how to configure the profile before
> you try to use it.

Until the User Manual actually contains something useful (and right)
wouldn't it be better to exclude it from the tarball?

All it is at the moment is an introduction with some incomplete
Quickstart instructions.  This is VERY misleading to new users.

My personal mantra is:  "A program doesn't exist until it's
documentation does".  By this rule nALFS doesn't exist.

--
Richard A Downing FBCS CITP
http://www.109bean.org.uk/