BLFS profile status

Joachim Beckers jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 21 14:30:31 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Thomas Pegg wrote:
>
>> Yep, your right, although I was thinking of a new file called
>> config.ent, since configuration is a big part of BLFS, if all it was put
>> general.ent it would become fairly cluttered, plus I always think of
>> general.ent as a location to put common entities.
>

> That is a good idea, and I've been thinking about doing that for LFS as
> well. I don't really like having users make changes in the file that
> also contains things they shouldn't be touching (like version numbers
> and related stuff).
+1

>>> 6) The "checkit.sh" script is not functional, as it uses old-style
>>> xmllint arguments (and not the right ones anyway as best I can tell).
>>> Are you guys using that? If not, I can update it to do the right
>>> thing and it will then be useful for maintenance of the profile.
>>

>> I've been using it quite often, the results seem fine, but if you think
>> it's need updated by all means do so.
>

> OK, when I tried it didn't seem to do the right thing, but I'll look at
> it again.
You probably don't have a files.ent file in ALFS/profiles/BLFS/ and
checkit.sh complains about that. If so, run runit.sh to fix the problem.

>> I just looked at that I see what you mean it replaces all & with &,
>> could easily just sed it back out to normal maybe.
>

> Maybe... but if there are actual & anywhere in the profile then they
> would get replaced too. Anyone interested in sending a note to the tidy
> mailing list to see if they can suggest an alternative?
Why don't we just use & ?
This won't change anything, unless of course if it's used in arguments
like "Unpacking a package" and so.

Joachim
--
Joachim Beckers