compilation-cross

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 18 18:59:34 PDT 2004

Jonas wrote:

> It would be that nALFS very well outside a little more flexible so that it is
> easy to make a compilation-cross

I cannot really understand what you are asking for here. nALFS is
completely flexible, it does not in any way inhibit you from doing any
type of cross compilation that you want.

If you are referring to the LFS official profile included with nALFS,
that profile does not have any support for cross compilation because it
matches the LFS book, which itself does not address cross compilation.

If you want a profile that does support cross compilation, you will
either need to learn how to build one, or ask on this list to see if
anyone else already has one that does what you need.