[RFC] Add libxml2 and nALFS to the LFS profiles

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 18 07:10:35 PDT 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> I'd definately make it optional and with conditional execution when thats
> supported.

I forgot to make it optional, but we need to find a better to handle the
optional stuff right now anyway. Commenting out the entire content of
the chapter??/foo.xml file is not very clean, as it requires messing
with any "--" that naturally occur there.

How about if we just comment out the appropriate "&cX-foo;" lines in
LFS.xml instead, and change the README file to tell people that they if
want to enable these items that's the file they need to edit to do it?