LFS Profile tarball naming and website links

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 15 11:42:28 PDT 2004

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> I've made some recent changes to the script that allows you to force a
> branch/tag re-rendering by passing the setup as arguments to it:

> It might be useful to recreate e.g. a broken rendered book.

Well, in our case, we will need to make a new tag as well. Let's say for
example that we release a profile tarball for LFS-6.0-pre1. Then we find
some bugs in that profile (not in the book), so we update the profile
and re-release as LFS-6.0-pre1-1 (or something like that). If we
re-release with the same tarball name, there's no way to easily tell the
difference between the old and new.

This sort of thing does not happen for the book, because once
LFS-6.0-pre1 is released, it's a done deal and won't be changed (under
normal circumstances). Any changes would wait for LFS-6.0-pre2.