Better Instructions?

Ron remo at rmoconsulting.net
Thu May 13 14:34:25 PDT 2004

I went to the Automated LFS web site at:
http://lfs.130th.net/alfs/news.html
on the right side of the screen under the heading "Read" I clicked on "nALFS Users Guide"
I read all the way through that and the last thing is nALFS Installation and Configuration and then Quick Start.
That is where I ran into trouble, the users guide wasnt much help.

Is there a better place to look and read about ALFS? If so, could you send me a link to it?

Thanks

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:06:15 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>Ron wrote:

>> Its not that it took 6 hours to get nALFS compiled, it took me that long to get the system set up to get there. I wasnt sure on where to put the files and I
didnt
>> figure out about the modifying the files till later. I followed the instructions in the book that says about jumping right in after loading the files. The book
didnt
>> mention anything about the configuration files needing to be modified.

>Which book is this you are referring to? None of the LFS book talks
>about using ALFS tools at all, as far as I know. If any of them do and
>are missing information we need to get that fixed.

>so when I tried the "jump right in" it died. I found the read me files
>and the mail
>> archive and figured it out. I got nALFS compiled and the profiles modified for my system and started the build of LFS last night. this morning it got all the
way
>> through to compiling the kernal, but died. I didnt have time to check the log to see why and will do that tonight when I get home from work.

>Good to hear you made progress. Thanks!

>--

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 14AD 1807 B936 376A  01EE CC19 D9ED 9EF6