Better Instructions?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 13 14:06:15 PDT 2004

Ron wrote:

> Its not that it took 6 hours to get nALFS compiled, it took me that long to get the system set up to get there. I wasnt sure on where to put the files and I didnt
> figure out about the modifying the files till later. I followed the instructions in the book that says about jumping right in after loading the files. The book didnt
> mention anything about the configuration files needing to be modified.

Which book is this you are referring to? None of the LFS book talks
about using ALFS tools at all, as far as I know. If any of them do and
are missing information we need to get that fixed.

so when I tried the "jump right in" it died. I found the read me files
and the mail
> archive and figured it out. I got nALFS compiled and the profiles modified for my system and started the build of LFS last night. this morning it got all the way
> through to compiling the kernal, but died. I didnt have time to check the log to see why and will do that tonight when I get home from work.

Good to hear you made progress. Thanks!