error in binutils testsuite

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 12 09:10:35 PDT 2004

Rob van Dam wrote:

> My fault, I looked at lfs-book-cvs-html-2004-05-11. I should have been
> warned because (I just read ) the book has another binutils version and
> a 2.4 kernel.
>
> I thought the alfs CVS profile matched the LFS-CVS book.

It does match the CVS HEAD book; where did you get the book you
referenced above? I suspect you are looking at the "daily CVS snapshot",
which at the moment is misleading because there are three active
branches in CVS right now. The "daily CVS snapshot" is actually from the
5.1 branch (currently 5.1-pre2 plus some minor changes), so it matches
the profile-LFS-5.1-pre2 profile. The profile-LFS-CVS profile matches
the CVS HEAD book, which is currently only available at the link I
posted earlier.

I'm sorry you got caught in the middle here; the web pages are in the
process of being updated right now, and once those changes are in place
you would known for sure which book you were looking at :-)