ALFS profile for LFS CVS HEAD is ready

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 6 09:25:02 PDT 2004

(Thanks to Thomas Pegg, who did all the work of merging my BELFS profile
into LFS and updating it to match the newly merged book.)

I have just run through a complete build (except for building the kernel
in chapter 8) of LFS CVS HEAD using the ALFS profile. Other than a small
problem with lfs-bootscripts (which will be fixed in a new release
shortly), the system seems to work just fine.

For those who are interested in testing, the profile is available as a
tarball called profile-LFS-CVS.tar.bz2 in the ALFS downloads area on the
LFS server. This tarball is updated nightly to keep up with the ALFS CVS
repository.