LFS/BELFS merge heads up

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 3 14:32:21 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 16:19, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
Ha, you beat me to this Kevin, I was just thinking about how we were
going to handle this change.

> This is mostly for Thomas/Jamie... the BELFS->LFS merge is going to
> happen very soon (in the next 48 hours). When that happens the existing
> LFS profile needs to be branched as LFS-5.1, to match the branch that
> will be made in LFS CVS.
We currently do have a 5.1 branch, actually I think I need to backport
all current cvs changes to that branch, since matthew just released
pre2.

> LFS CVS will also get an LFS-6.0 branch, which will contain _part_ of
> BELFS (everything except gcc-3.4.0, probably). We'll need to update the
> LFS profile to match (easy to do, since it's all in the BELFS profile),
And a good job you've done at keeping it up to date Kevin.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729