LFS/BELFS merge heads up

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 3 14:19:55 PDT 2004

This is mostly for Thomas/Jamie... the BELFS->LFS merge is going to
happen very soon (in the next 48 hours). When that happens the existing
LFS profile needs to be branched as LFS-5.1, to match the branch that
will be made in LFS CVS.

LFS CVS will also get an LFS-6.0 branch, which will contain _part_ of
BELFS (everything except gcc-3.4.0, probably). We'll need to update the
LFS profile to match (easy to do, since it's all in the BELFS profile),
then branch the profile again for LFS-6.0.

Finally, the remainder of BELFS will go into LFS CVS HEAD, and the
profile needs to be updated to match it.

The new LFS structure will be somewhat like Debian:
stable/testing/unstable. After this week, these will be:

stable - LFS-5.1
testing - LFS-6.0
unstable - HEAD (LFS-6.1 target)

I'll come up with some way to get the profile names and links on the web
pages set up to match this structure.