Wether to apply changes from newxml to official profile??

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Wed Mar 31 00:47:19 PST 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 10:18, Sébastien Maerten wrote:
> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > Thomas Pegg wrote:
> >> Since the newxml module will eventually be merged into HEAD soon, should
> >> the profile be updated now or wait until it's merged??
> >
> > I'd say go ahead and start the merge, since we know that newxml is
> > definitely going to get merged into HEAD. Might as well have the profile
> > close to ready when the merge happens.
>
> I agree (not that it matters, though), but wonder: was it not said in
> the deep past that it would be possible to generate the nALFS profiles
> "magically" from the newxml sources? A matter of writing and xsl
> stylesheet I seem to remember. Do any of you recall of this? Is it
> possible / doable ?

Well, I'm working on that. Currently not with xsl, but I think that's not an
issue.
The problem is, that necessary details disappear from the book, so it's stil
some kind of *magic*.
Another point is, that the commands have to be translated into profile-syntax,
which is nothing like trivial. Get a Makefile from the book, is really
trivial, compared with the command translation.
But I'm on the way - and only few commands pending for workout.

Kind regards

Reinhard