nALFS CVS status (phase 3)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 30 10:01:22 PST 2004

Reinhard wrote:

> I added a return on null-pointer and I got into the app.
> I think, description is in the dtd, but not yet supported - right?

See my other message... it was, but is currently broken. There are
obviously parts of the code that can't handle elements without handlers
at this point, so I will need to look into that.

> So I put a comment around the description and now I get the warnings, that
> comments are not valid there.
>
> Could that be a bug? or am I the bug?
> I thought, comment is allowed on any places not breaking the syntax?

If you can post the portion of your profile containing the comment I can
look at the profile parsing code to see what's wrong. This is exactly
what I was hoping for, someone to find all the problems I caused when I
redid the parsing code... For now, assume that anything that passes the
"xmllint --valid" check is OK syntax, and if nALFS breaks then the
problem is in nALFS itself.