nALFS CVS status (phase 3)

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Tue Mar 30 08:37:06 PST 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 19:55, Reinhard wrote:
> On Saturday 27 March 2004 18:29, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > If so and you're willing, run
> > nALFS like this:
> >
> > $ gdb nALFS
> > gdb> run LFS-5.0.xml

I run a few more experiments, one finally with gdb (I'm quite a n00b with gdb,
so may be of little help).

With the state of today, I get these messages:

Total 94 handlers loaded.
No handler found for description (syntax version 3.1).
[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 1775)]
free_element (el=0x0) at src/parser.c:165
165             element_s *child = el->children;

When I look at the code, I miss a security question before using the pointer.
Could it be, that on some systems dereferencing a NULL-pointer is not a fatal
error?

Then I have few additional questions (for discussion):

- what do you think about adding a description-section to stageinfo?
	So stages without surrounding packages could be a bit more verbose.

- how about to add an entity to the books to identify the type of the book?
	i.e. booktype=<lfs|blfs|hlfs|...>

- some packages are known to behave badly with active compiler optimizations.
	How about to add an entity to the packages, which shows whether the package
	may work with optimizations or not.

Kind regards

Reinhard