NOOB - Installing Binutils-2.14 - Pass 1

erythros erythros at erythros.com
Sat Mar 27 09:49:38 PST 2004

right so i'm installing binutils-2.14 - pass 1

i'm following the lfs 5.0 book step fer step. i'm doing this from a
slackware 9.1 full install system. i created the usr lfs, then logged is as
lfs. i created the .bash_profile like i was suppose to. but the next step to
make the ../binutils-build folder fails because my lfs user dosen't have the
rights. was i suppose to switch back to my root login or was there something
else i missed?