nALFS CVS status (phase 3)

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Fri Mar 26 22:59:40 PST 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 03:45, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Reinhard wrote:
> > The build failed (segmentation fault) at binutils-stage1 right after
> > building libiberty
>
> Thanks for testing, this was a problem in nALFS (I changed part of the
> communication protocol between the frontend and backend but forgot to
> change both sides :-)). It is fixed now (fix is in CVS), I have just
> started an LFS-5.0 build using the tarball and it is in chapter 5 gcc
> now, I will let it run to completion to check for any other problems.

I just updated nALFS and it failed again at the same position with seg-fault.
This time the log area looks a bit better.
Following the logs, binutils has status 'done'.

But again no error message.
On my first try today, I forgot to mount the lfs-device and nALFS terminated
also with a seg-fault on 'cd /tools/...' - but I saw the 'cd .. ' in
log-window as last action.

Just a question:
How about to stabilize nALFS, so that it displays an error and just stops the
build, but does not terminate (in interactive mode only - of cause.)?

Cheers Reinhard