nALFS CVS status (phase 3)

Reinhard bookreader at gmx.com
Fri Mar 26 01:07:21 PST 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 05:33, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> nALFS CVS HEAD is now back to being 95% functional;
> Anyone who has time to build and test with a known working profile
> please let me know.

I tried to runit with the LFS-profile from the repository.

The copy of the tarballs failed (I had a subdir in the directory containing
the tarballs of the packages).
nALFS terminated without an error-message and I could not find any suspicious
entry in the logfile.

After verify the copy-stage manually, I tried to restart (after the copy),
using 's' /  'n'.

The build failed (segmentation fault) at binutils-stage1 right after building
libiberty

I had verbose and logging turned on, but there was no error-message at screen
or logfile.

I build nALFS with -march=athlon-xp and without any compiler-settings. No
difference.

Kind regards

Reinhard