nALFS 1.2.1 SIGSEGV'ing on me

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 4 17:04:41 PST 2004

On Qui, 04 Mar 2004 15:50:29 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> OK, this makes sense, because if you supply --xinclude to xmllint, then
> the xi:include elements will be gone and replaced by their content
> before the validation occurs. This is a problem in the DTD, <alfs>
> should be allowed inside <alfs>, but it's not. However, that would mean
> that <alfs> would be allowed pretty much anywhere, because any include
> file you create has to have an outer <alfs> element itself or it's not
> valid on its own. I don't think I want to do that.

And, IMHO, this is not the right way to support xincludes. Look at
Matthew's newxml branch, the xincluded files do not have <book> as root
element, but "inner" elements, like <part> or <chapter>. So, to be able
to use xincludes AND have syntatically correct profiles, we could:

- have separate files for each package, with <package> as root element
  on these files.
- create a new generic element that can be used to group <package>'s,
  like <group>. this way, xincluded files with more than one <package>
  will have <group> as root element.

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org