nALFS 1.2.1 SIGSEGV'ing on me

Dermot Bradley bradley at tangram.nildram.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 15:21:29 PST 2004

> Nope, they are OK. Gerard's profiles are like this too, and they work
> fine. Something has changed in nALFS that has caused this problem.

Yeah, I based the xinlcude stuff on Gerard's profiles :-)

> There are ways to work on this problem, but it will require some
> testing. Are you comfortable adding some Nprint() statements to nALFS to
> get it to tell you where the failure is occurring? If so,
>
> Nprint("node name: %s", node->name);
>
> as the first code line (after the declarations) of create_element() in
> libXML-tree.c. With that in place, you will see a stream of node names
> go by as nALFS parses the profile and possibly be able to figure out
> where it's failing.

Ok, I'll do that now and test.

What I have realised:

nALFS 1.2.0rc1 compiled on this machine doesn't work - it segfaults.
However the same version that I compiled/used previously on another
machine when installed on this machine (my own unofficial .deb file) does
work fine.

This machine is my "new" development machine - its only been set up about
2 weeks ago running Debian "testing" with 2.6.3 kernel. My "old"
development machine runs Debian "stable" with 2.4.24 kernel.