[CFT] Conditional execution phase 1

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 4 14:08:09 PST 2004

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Can somebody summarize the new syntax requirements please?

I just updated the DTD to match current nALFS development (thanks for
reminding me :-). All of this is for DTD version 3.2. nALFS also now
supports <if> as present in DTD version 3.1, with the exception of the
"package" attribute not being implemented yet.

<remove> now supports base attribute, and requires <file> sub-elements
to provide path(s).

<download> now supports base attribute and no longer supports
<destination> element.

<unpack> now supports base attribute and no longer supports
<destination> element.

<patch> now supports base, mode and path_strip attributes (as documented
in a previous message to this list), and <digest>, <file> and
as well, but now it builds the patch command itself using the <file>
element (and the mode/path_strip attributes), and can download,
uncompress and digest-check files.

supported inside <if>, and can be nested within each other. If multiple
DTD documents <package-built> and <package-version> elements for use
inside <if>, but nALFS does not implement them yet.

I think that's all at this time, although I will be adding
<switch>/<case> elements to the DTD as well in the next couple of weeks.