static build of nALFS impossible

Thomas.Beneke <REMOVE-THIS> "Thomas.Beneke <REMOVE-THIS>" at web.de
Thu Mar 4 01:02:42 PST 2004

I got some warnings during make.

/bin/sh ./libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -W -Wall -Wshadow -Winline
-march=pentium4 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer   -o src/nALFS -dlopen
self -all-static -dlopen src/handlers/alfs.la  -dlopen
src/handlers/check.la  -dlopen src/handlers/configure.la -dlopen
src/handlers/copy.la -dlopen src/handlers/download.la -dlopen
src/handlers/execute.la -dlopen src/handlers/link.la -dlopen
src/handlers/log.la -dlopen src/handlers/make.la -dlopen
src/handlers/mkdir.la -dlopen src/handlers/move.la  -dlopen
src/handlers/ownership.la -dlopen src/handlers/package.la -dlopen
src/handlers/patch.la -dlopen src/handlers/permissions.la   -dlopen
src/handlers/remove.la -dlopen src/handlers/search_replace.la -dlopen
src/handlers/setenv.la -dlopen src/handlers/stage.la   -dlopen
src/handlers/textdump.la -dlopen src/handlers/unpack.la
src/src_nALFS-backend.o src/src_nALFS-comm.o src/src_nALFS-editor.o
src/src_nALFS-find.o src/src_nALFS-handlers.o src/src_nALFS-init.o
src/src_nALFS-libXML-tree.o src/src_nALFS-logfiles.o
src/src_nALFS-logging.o src/src_nALFS-nalfs.o src/src_nALFS-options.o
src/src_nALFS-parser.o src/src_nALFS-utility.o src/src_nALFS-win.o
/usr/lib/libxml2.la   src/lib/libnALFS.la -lform -lncurses src/ltdl/ltdl.la
./libtool: line 1: src/.libs/src/nALFS.exp: No such file or directory
src/ltdl/.libs/ltdl.a(src_ltdl_ltdl_la-ltdl.o)(.text+0x189f): In
function `sys_dl_open':
: warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at
runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
src/handlers/.libs/stage.a(stage.o)(.text+0x4eb): In function
`change_to_user':
: warning: Using 'getpwent' in statically linked applications requires
at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
src/src_nALFS-utility.o(.text+0xc53): In function `get_home_directory':
: warning: Using 'getpwuid' in statically linked applications requires
at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
src/handlers/.libs/stage.a(stage.o)(.text+0x4e6): In function
`change_to_user':
: warning: Using 'setpwent' in statically linked applications requires
at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
src/handlers/.libs/stage.a(stage.o)(.text+0x508): In function
`change_to_user':
: warning: Using 'endpwent' in statically linked applications requires
at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cc/nALFS-1.2.2'

output of ldd ./nALFS
nALFS: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.2, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Regards,
Thomas