profile editting?

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Mon Mar 1 21:29:10 PST 2004

Hui Zhou <zhouhui at wam.umd.edu> wrote in news:20040301151558.GA7043
@turquoise.nrockv01.md.comcast.net:

> Greetings.
>
> I used to be an nALFS user and remember the most boring part is editing a
> profile. Hand editing xml isn't fun. I always have to restart nALFS
> several time after a few editing to fixing the mistakes such as tag
> mismatch.

I hear that. Like &build-directory; instead of &build_directory;

> So the question is: How do you guys editing your profile? All by hand?

My hands, nano and 3 ttys.

> <snip>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> -Hui Zhou

Basically, I have added the parts of BLFS I need into the LFS profile.
This works for everything I've tried so far; I was planning on trying QT
and XFree86 tomorrow, but am not sure if it can be built in the chroot
environment. If anyone else wants to share, I'd love to hear it.

Also, if I do a cvs checkout, and then edit the profiles, and then do a cvs
update, do the new changes get merged with mine? Or do I lose my changes?

-Michael