nALFS 1.3

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 29 20:25:20 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> Hope I did not offend - did not mean to.  I completely understand
> outside endeavors.  That is what kept me out of the books for so long.

No offense taken, believe me. Two weeks ago I thought I'd have more time
to work on this stuff, and then this new venture came up. In the next 30
days I need to build 8 servers, including:

* a 1.2TB storage server (serving NFS to the other 7 machines)
* two Asterisk PRI PSTN gateway servers (with failover between them)
* two Asterisk PBX servers (with failover between them)
* two web hosting/email filtering/offsite data storage servers (with
failover between them)
* a network monitoring/management server

In addition, there are MySQL databases to build for billing, call
tracking, network usage monitoring, etc.

While I'm doing all of this, my business partner will be out signing up
customers for these services and getting them installed and working.
It's going to be a lot of work (although using nALFS and the LFS profile
for unstable LFS will be most helpful), but if it goes as planned it
will be well worth the time invested.