nALFS 1.3

Jamie Bennett jamie at linuxuk.org
Tue Jun 29 11:57:47 PDT 2004

Thomas Pegg wrote:

> > Not to rush you Kevin, but how much longer do you think it will be
> > before nALFS-1.3 is released? I ask because I've been working over the
> > BLFS profile and have seen several sections where I think conditional
> > execution can be of great benefit.
>
> Given my personal schedule, I don't see that I'll be able to put any
> time into it until some time next week. It's not something I can work on
> for little bits of time at one time (unlike profiles and other things),
> it needs some hours of concentrated effort.
>
> However, the machine I was doing development on is now back to being
> usable again, and so I'm getting closer. Jamie is also getting ready to
> come back online, so hopefully he'll be able to lend a hand as well.
>
> I would expect nALFS 1.3 to be ready for testing by the end of May; if
> that means we hold off on having a really good BLFS profile until then
> I'm OK with that.

Kevin,

  Do you have a check list for 1.3? I've done a quick search of the
archives but can't seem to find _exactly_ what we are aiming for for the
1.3 release apart from conditional execution and possibly a better
logging format. Is this correct?

I'm itching to get back to working on nALFS now that the house move is
very much done and dusted and I'm especially looking forward to the
backend/frontend split to facilitate different frontends.

How far off is CVS head to stable? Hours? Days?

	--	Jamie