Locales installed in LFS profiles

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 25 07:02:11 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> I'll see what I can do about this with my next updates to the unstable
> profile.  It doesn't hurt to run a localedef command twice, does it?  If
> not, we could easily have an entry in config.ent for the locale that
> needs to be defined, and run an extra localedef to install that one.
> However, I think I'd prefer that the nALFS profile install all locales
> in chapter 6 - would anyone object to me doing this in my next update
> session this weekend?

It does not hurt to run the same localedef command twice, no.

You might be able to use the same technique that's being used for the
keymap right now to handle this; create a new file in the config
directory that contains the extra localedef command(s) that's commented
out by default, then update the README file to have the user edit this
file if they need one (or all) locales added.