Locales installed in LFS profiles

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Fri Jun 25 01:25:20 PDT 2004

The Old Fellow wrote:

> I only have experience of the lfs-unstable profile, but would like to
> observe the following:
>
> The current profile only installs the testing set of locales, even if
> the system requires another (I need en_GB).  The README should note
> that chapter06/glibc.xml will need to be changed if this locale is to
> be installed.
>
> Of course, the ideal situation is to detect and change this
> automatically from the information in config...

I'll see what I can do about this with my next updates to the unstable
profile.  It doesn't hurt to run a localedef command twice, does it?  If
not, we could easily have an entry in config.ent for the locale that
needs to be defined, and run an extra localedef to install that one.
However, I think I'd prefer that the nALFS profile install all locales
in chapter 6 - would anyone object to me doing this in my next update
session this weekend?

-J-