LFS profile and perl optimization flags

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 22 16:59:58 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming said the following on 23-06-2004 01:28:

> Personally, I'm hopeful that the switch to Subversion will allow us to
> easily maintain a number of branches of the profile; it's conceivable we
> could have "LFS standard", "LFS optimized", "multi-processor LFS", etc.,
> with the core of each profile being the same "LFS standard" trunk. That
> was not really possible with CVS, but it may work out well with
> Subversion. Another research project for someone to look into :-)

Yes; that's very easy with Subversion. A branch is basically a copy of a
file or directory, but it retains full version history. You can apply
changes to the trunk or to the branch and merge them if they don't
conflict. It's *very* easy with Subversion and you'll know exactly how
to do it if you've read the Subversion book (esp. chapter 3 & 4).

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans