Subversion migration

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 21 10:59:18 PDT 2004

Folks,

It's my intention to migrate the LFS CVS repository over to subversion
on Tuesday (2004-06-22) evening (approx 20:00-21:00 GMT).  Can all
editors please ensure they have a copy of the subversion-1.0.5 client
and that you don't have any pending changes to the sources at that time.
I'll let you know when normal service has been resumed!  Jeremy and I
are still working out a couple of last-minute configuration details, so
we'll let you know all the nitty-gritty details of how to access the new
repository as soon as it's up and running.

Other *LFS projects will be migrated on an individual basis, at
dates & times to be agreed between myself, Jeremy and project leads.  I
don't think any of the teams expressed a strong desire *not* to migrate
away from CVS, so it is assumed that they want their projects moved over
to subversion.  I know Bruce wanted to migrate BLFS in July, but *all*
project leads are advised that I'll be unavailable from 1-4 July
inclusive and 16-19 July inclusive!

Cheers,

Matt.