LFS-5.1.1 tarball permissions problem

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 21 08:58:24 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 08:43:26PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, the umask setting can't add permissions, only take
> them away. Otherwise setting umask to 0022 would make every file
> group/world writable, but it has the opposite effect.

You're right. I'm having brainfarts lately. The latest was struggling
for hours trying to figure out why wvdial was dumping core when I forgot
to use gcc2 to build the modem modules. :|

--
Archaic

See, when the GOVERNMENT spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the
money is left in the hands of TAXPAYERS, God only knows what they do
with it.  Bake it into pies, probably.  Anything to avoid creating jobs.

- Dave Barry