LFS-5.1.1 tarball permissions problem

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 20 20:16:36 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 03:13:27PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> I think the best we can do for now is to add some text to the README
> file in the profile to get people to chmod 0644 the contents of the
> tarball before running the profile for the first time... anyone else
> have any better suggestions?

I'm not looking at the profile right now, but does it do a cp -a or a
cp? I ask because if it's a cp, then the umask setting is being ignored.

--
Archaic

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best
state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one;
for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries *by a
government*, which we might expect in a country *without government*,
our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by
which we suffer."

- Thomas Paine