[RFC] LFS profile testing

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 20 15:09:09 PDT 2004

Thomas Pegg wrote:

> I usually test most changes before I commit them, unless it's something
> really simple, then I don't, but otherwise I'll run a full build before
> I commit anything. One thing I've always done before I tar up the
> profiles, is go through each section of the book and look at the profile
> and see if things match up as they should, sort of an audit I guess you
> could call it.

That sounds like a good plan; I think the only reason that I found these
problems is that the "tarball" build is not tested until the very last
moment, because the tarball doesn't exist until we're rushing to get a
profile released :-)

I guess we just need to make sure that a couple of people run full
tarball-based builds as soon as we think the profile is ready, just to
catch these last-minute problems.