How to use conditionals

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 17 16:55:40 PDT 2004

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> I checked out CVS and build nALFS and am trying to use conditionals now
> to see how it all works. So far not much luck.

I am sorry to say that CVS HEAD nALFS is not in good shape at the
moment; the last couple of months have been quite difficult for me
personally (mostly trying to find enough work to not lose my house <G>),
and I've not been able to spend much time on it. As it stands today,
there are memory corruption/leak issues that cause random execution
failures. Your posted profile is correct, and _sometimes_ it will
execute properly, but usually only the first time you try within a
single nALFS session, and it will depend on what state previous elements
leave the memory pool in...

However, things are looking up: I've just signed a new contract with a
client that will increase my income by 200%, plus I have a roommate
moving in to help share expenses.

All that means that I will be able to start spending some time on nALFS
again, which is good, because I am about to start a new company with a
friend to provide VOIP phone service in our area and we'll be using lots
of Linux boxes :-)