ALFS DTD Syntax Doc v3.1

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 15 21:43:13 PDT 2004

On the "XML & DTD Syntax" page, the standard entities are shown using
numeric definitions. I was expecting that this would show people that
there are some predefined (amp, lt, gt, apos) that they do not need to
to define at all, but this text implies that they need to define them in
their own documents.

"Element: base"

The note box last sentence ends abruptly and leaves things unclear (it
could be referring to relative paths being used in the base
element/attribute itself). I would add "in the parent element's other
attributes and child elements".

"Element: unpack"

Remove "as computed by openssl" from the digest element description,
it's redundant and actually not always correct (nALFS does MD5 on its
own, for example).

Otherwise it looks pretty good; I only reviewed the text, not the
examples, as I've seen them before and watched most of the commit
messages that changed them. I like the new text arrangement, with the
element/attribute names boldface and the wording changed around. Nice
work James :-)