ALFS DTD Syntax Doc v3.1

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 15 21:22:35 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> OK, I think we *finally* have a v3.1 DTD doc done!  Jeez, that was
> harder than I thought it would be.  I just made a huge commit, so I am
> not sure if it will make it to the -log list.  I have a fresh render on
> my home dir, like always (actually, it is on the lfs/alfs main website
> too).  Please look over it one final time just to make sure I did not
> totally screw something up.

Will do. My eyes are tired, so I will do my best.

> Kevin - If we are good by Friday this week, then let's plan on a nALFS
> 1.2.4 release this weekend with the doc and the other little fixes in
> it.  How do you want to handle tagging/branching for this version in CVS
> and the name of the files you pull in the bootstrap script?  I was
> thinking of just tagging the book v3_1 like we do for other stuff and
> then continue development on HEAD.  I can put a formal stable bz2 out in
> the downloads area for you to grab.  Ideas very welcome.  This is kinda
> new to me.

Yes, you would just tag the book(s) as v3_1, pull that version and
render into properly named files. If you follow the LFS/BLFS model,
you'll have to set the version entities in the book XML files to "3.1",
tag, then change them back to "CVS-....".

Once there is a stable version to pull into the tarballs, I'll modify
the bootstrap script to pull from the new location (which I assume will
be /alfs/downloads/guides).