ALFS DTD Syntax Doc v3.1

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 15 19:50:06 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

>> Thanks to all who proofread the doc.  I am getting closer.  Here is a
>> short TODO
>>
>> * Go through and move element/attribute to behind the name instead of
>> in front
>> * Go through and change the token I am using so that the
>> element/attribute is in bold instead of monospace.  It will stand out
>> better.
>> * leave any remaining examples as they are for the 3.2 go around
>> (after I hit the HG and UG first).
>>
>> You can see what I have so far on my home dir.
>>
>> James [jwrober]
>
> I forgot one thing - Kevin: When finished we should re-roll nALFS 1.2.3
> with the latest doc and correct DTD file.  I have copied it up to the
> downloads area.

OK, I think we *finally* have a v3.1 DTD doc done!  Jeez, that was
harder than I thought it would be.  I just made a huge commit, so I am
not sure if it will make it to the -log list.  I have a fresh render on
my home dir, like always (actually, it is on the lfs/alfs main website
too).  Please look over it one final time just to make sure I did not
totally screw something up.

Kevin - If we are good by Friday this week, then let's plan on a nALFS
1.2.4 release this weekend with the doc and the other little fixes in
it.  How do you want to handle tagging/branching for this version in CVS
and the name of the files you pull in the bootstrap script?  I was
thinking of just tagging the book v3_1 like we do for other stuff and
then continue development on HEAD.  I can put a formal stable bz2 out in
the downloads area for you to grab.  Ideas very welcome.  This is kinda
new to me.

James