nALFS libxml2 version requirement (was nALFS 1.2.3 won't compile..)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 9 06:38:48 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> OK.  That sounds like a good idea.  I should have the syntax doc
> finished by end of the week.  I would like to finish off the hackers
> guide before 1.2.4 is rolled if possible.  It is not that much content
> like the UG and SD.  Probably by end of next week.  Is that acceptable
> or is that too long?

Hmm, I think that's too long for 1.2.4. I'd really like to reduce the
number of users who download 1.2.3 and try to use it on a system without
recent libxml2 support... but we've only gotten one problem report so
far, so maybe it's not that going to be a big problem. If we start
getting more problem reports then I'll accelerate 1.2.4 to get them
taken care of; if not, it can wait 7-8 days.

As far as "finish off the hacker's guide", that's a big project :-)