Package different from standard wget...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 8 12:21:05 PDT 2004

Roger Merchberger wrote:

> The file in the wget script is:
>
> http://downloads.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-bootscripts-2.0.4.tar.bz2
>
> and the nALFS profile is expecting:
>
> lfs-bootscripts-2.0.5.tar.bz2
>
> which *is* present in the 5.1.1 tarball that I'd downloaded.
>
> [[ I'm posting this here first, but will file it in bugzilla next, once
> I figure out how to do that... ]]

OK, I'm sure Thomas will see this message and deal with it, it sounds
like the wget script in the profile is not correct. Thank you for the
details :-)

> I don't know if I did right or not, but I pointed that "linux-config" in
> the general.ent to my /usr/src/linux/.config file -- that seems to have
> pacified it, altho I dunno if it's gonna cause heartburn to use that
> file, as the profile is set up for a module for my ethernet driver, but
> it's compiled into the kernel, and the .config file reflects that.  {I'm
> an old-school fart -- *everything's* compiled into the kernel... ;-) We
> don't need no steenkin' modules! }

Well, you don't even have to let the profile try to build a kernel if
you don't want to (just don't mark that package in chapter 8 to be
executed), and in that case the contents of the config file won't
matter. Personally I don't let the chapter 8 stuff run at all, because I
have my systems already set up in other ways than the book, so just
running ch5/6/7/9 works fine for me.

> Thanks, (and hopefully I got the terminology right this time!),

Yes, much better, I appreciate the willingness to try <G>.

> Roger "Merch" Merchberger
>
> --
> Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | JC: "Like those people in Celeronville!"
> sysadmin, Iceberg Computers | Me: "Don't you mean Silicon Valley???"
> zmerch at 30below.com          | JC: "Yea, that's the place!"
>                             | JC == Jeremy Christian

Before some of the more hard-core listers complain, you may want to
think about trimming down your signature (and not repeating it)...