Package different from standard wget...

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Tue Jun 8 12:14:44 PDT 2004

Otay, I've made some headway:

The package that's different from the wget.lfs.urls listing for LFS 5.1.1
and the profile for LFS 5.1.1 that comes with nALFS 1.2.3 (which I'm using
with nALFS 1.2.2) is this:

The file in the wget script is:

http://downloads.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-bootscripts-2.0.4.tar.bz2

and the nALFS profile is expecting:

lfs-bootscripts-2.0.5.tar.bz2

which *is* present in the 5.1.1 tarball that I'd downloaded.

[[ I'm posting this here first, but will file it in bugzilla next, once I
figure out how to do that... ]]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I don't know if I did right or not, but I pointed that "linux-config" in
the general.ent to my /usr/src/linux/.config file -- that seems to have
pacified it, altho I dunno if it's gonna cause heartburn to use that file,
as the profile is set up for a module for my ethernet driver, but it's
compiled into the kernel, and the .config file reflects that.  {I'm an
old-school fart -- *everything's* compiled into the kernel... ;-) We don't
need no steenkin' modules! }

I usually compile my kernels by hand anyway, so hopefully it shouldn't
cause too much heartburn... ;-)

It's compiling gcc 3.3.3 (pass 1) right now, so I'll let y'all know how it
goes...

Thanks, (and hopefully I got the terminology right this time!),
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | JC: "Like those people in Celeronville!"
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers | Me: "Don't you mean Silicon Valley???"