ALFS DTD Syntax Doc v3.1

Richard A Downing FBCS richard at 109bean.org.uk
Tue Jun 8 08:57:17 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:
> Richard A Downing FBCS wrote:
>
>> Some things I didn't change, but just observe below...
>>
>> General observations:
>>
>> 1) I think a reference to a good xml primer, such as O'Rielly's
>> 'Learning XML' would enhance XML & DTD Syntax.  Indeed, you could
>> remove it entirely if you found a free one on-line.  I'll do some
>> research.
>

> That would be helpful.  I culled that together from a bunch of stuff on
> the net.

Here are a few useful URIs to xml learning resources.  The order is sort
of how I feel about them - best at the top, although having reviewed
them again I like yours just as much.

http://www.w3schools.com/xml/default.asp Although the side-adds are
annoying in the extreme, this is good, well paced, introduction that
will suit anyone with a liitle html experience.  I'm a fan of w3schools.

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/LearnXml.asp is another tutorial style thingy.

http://www.topxml.com/xml/learnxml.asp and another one.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/5957/10minxml.html  must be
the fastest intro ever.  Not in depth though.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/learnxml2/ This is the REAL-BOOK(tm) that
I used to learn xml.

--
Richard A Downing FBCS CITP